Northwest Tarrant Progressives Minutes: General Meeting, Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order via Zoom by the club president, Greg Noone, at
7:00 PM, with 28 members and guests present.
Minutes: The Secretary, Karen Horgan, presented the minutes from the September 15, 2021 general meeting. The minutes were approved as presented.
Financial Report: The treasurer, Ron Miller, presented the financial report, with a cash
balance of $754.34. The treasurer’s report was approved as presented.
· Trey Hunt, candidate for U.S. Congress TX-12. Trey is facing Kay Granger in this race.
· Gwenn Burud, candidate for Texas State Senate, District 9, running against incumbent,
Kelly Hancock. Because of the proposed redistricting, District 9 now includes parts of
NW Tarrant County.
· Delonia Watson, Candidate for the Second Court of Appeals, Place 6.
· Stephanie Klein, Candidate for Judge for the 141st District Court, a county-wide race.
All these candidates need our help in any way we can to get them elected. Please get involved.
· Greg Noone touched on redistricting and the impact it will have on our area. He also reported about the club’s successful participation in the Train and Grain Festival, registering voters and generating interest in the club.
Club Officer elections are next month. If anyone is interested in any officer position, please let Greg know.
Membership Renewals/Dues: NWTP will be using Act Blue for new and renewing memberships in 2021. This online option is safe, secure and easy. Visit:
Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.