Northwest Tarrant Progressives Minutes: General Meeting, Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order via Zoom by the club president, Greg Noone, at
7:05 PM, with 10 members present.
Minutes: The Secretary, Karen Horgan, presented the minutes from the June 2021 general meeting. The minutes were approved as presented.
Financial Report: The treasurer, Ron Miller, presented the financial report, with a cash
balance of $702.25 The treasurer’s report was approved as presented.
Rodney Lee, candidate for Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4. Retired veteran, former probation officer, teacher.
1. Change how truancy as a way to criminalize youth in courts is used. Provide education program to address issue.
2. Provide tenants and landlords information and knowledge about their rights and options that will help keep them out of court.
3. Educate the public about the role of a Justice of the Peace. Meet and talk with people in his precinct.
Saturday, July 31 block walking to get petitions signed. Please join if you can.
Elizabeth “Mimi” Coffey, a criminal defense attorney who is considering running for HD 99 State Representative.
1. Require forensics used by police to be complete and legal.
2. Worried about the increasing cost of higher education.
3. Develop better police internal affairs guidelines. Need stringent policies so police violence cases are monitored and corrected.
4. Against the abortion (heartbeat) bill.
5. Raise minimum wage so we can grow our economy.
Membership Renewals: NWTP will be using Act Blue for new and renewing memberships in
2021. This online option is safe, secure and easy. Visit:
Need volunteers for the booth at the following:
Azle Sting Fling
Saturday, September 11 9am-3pm Indoor Booth
We will be registering voters, so especially need Voter Deputy Registrars
Saginaw Train and Grain Festival
Saturday, October 16 9am-8pm
Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 7:52 PM.